For so many, groceries are the biggest budget buster of all, because it’s a big, ongoing expense that we can’t cut! So how can we save money in this area and still get what we need? Yunhwa McDowell is Co-Founder of SavingCents.org, a website that shares tips on how to save on all aspects of your life, including everyday expenses like groceries, weddings and starting a family. Some of her favorite ways to save on groceries include shopping at home first and meal planning.
In This Episode
- Why a grocery list is a MUST
- How to shop the sales effectively
- Pros & cons of buying in bulk
- Ways to save when buying in bulk
- Shopping the Season and how to figure out what’s in season
- Name brand versus generic – cheaper isn’t always better!
- Where to get the best coupons with the least hassle online
- Cash-back apps – which are the best and are they worth it?
- Eating healthy without busting your budget
- Ways to avoid overspending at the grocery store
- Prioritizing your purchases at the register to avoid overspending
- Check your receipts for price discrepancies! It happens a lot!
- Growing your own – is it worth it?
- How pick up & delivery services can save you money
Links & Resources