Scott Heiser, Author of “Healthcare Is Making Me Sick” teaches you how to navigate the sea of options, prices & services to find the best health insurance plan – and how to cut medical costs all year long!
In This Episode
- Taking charge of your healthcare, choices & costs
- What is a health risk assessment, and how can it save you money?
- The difference between healthcare and health insurance
- Determining which health insurance plan is best for you
- Ways to find transparency in pricing
- How to save money on surgeries, prescriptions, general visits, etc
- HMO versus PPO Premiums versus deductibles versus copays
- Health insurance purchasing checklist
- The importance of having an advocate
- How HSA & FSA options impact health insurance options
- Negotiating costs before-hand and medical bills after the fact
- Shopping your healthcare=
- Comparing prices across the country
- Check your bills for mistakes, just like at the grocery store!
- How you communicate with doctors matters!
- How lifestyle choices impact our healthcare & insurance costs
- Discount prescription cards really work!
- The importance of planning doctor’s visits – have a list of questions!
- Alternatives to traditional health insurance
Links & Resources