For over 20 years, CPA Michele Cagan has helped people navigate their personal & business finances, to solidify their financial futures. She’s authored several books and dozens of articles about accounting & finance, making complicated financial theories easy to understand. If you’re confused about new tax rules and want to keep more of your own money, take a listen!
In This Episode
- Win money by saving! Turbo Tax versus a tax professional – which should you choose?
- If you’re self employed, you can take write-offs and still get the standard deduction!
- Contractor or employee – which is the better choice?
- Payment plans & options for paying the IRS Tax credits for low & middle income earners
- Children versus dependents – how much is each tax credit?
- What constitutes a dependent?
- Tax credits for students Student loan debt deduction
- How long do I have to keep my tax records?
- How & when to change your withholdings
- Why tax refunds aren’t always a great thing
- Budgeting your tax refund – use your “windfall” to reach your financial goals!
Links & Resources
- Article “Three Ways You’re Losing Money By Getting a Big Tax Refund
- https://saveyourrefund.com/home/ https://www.amerfirst.org/WhatWeOffer/Savings/BigPrizeSavings.aspx
- CentsAble Bobbi’s 10-Day Budget Challenge