Keeping Up With The Joneses
How can you keep up with the Joneses, when you don’t even know what you’re keeping up with? Is your income the same? Are your debts the same? And, most importantly, are your priorities the same? What would you have to do, in order to keep up? Go into debt? Change your priorities? Buy something you don’t even really want or like, because it gives the perception that you’re of the same status? Would it really be worth it? Keeping up with the Joneses to get out of debt can be just as defeating as buying the bigger house or car to keep up! Your journey on either side won’t be the same as your neighbor because your debt, income and priorities are different. Are you willing to confine yourself to your home and eat nothing but beans and rice for as long as it takes to pay off your debt? Or, do you want to have more of a balance? The choice is yours, and every choice has a consequence – good or bad.So create your customized spending plan and use it on your personal journey toward debt payoff, vacation savings, retirement savings, financial independence – whatever YOUR dreams are!
In This Episode
- Creating a customized spending plan – how it works as a roadmap on your personal journey toward debt payoff, vacation savings, retirement savings, financial independence – whatever YOUR dreams are!
- Prioritizing your spending
- The cost of lying to yourself
- Finding balance in your short and long term wants & needs
- Establishing a timeline for reaching your goals
- Ways to find “extra” money to save or pay down debt – and how a little adds up to a lot!