Author & Money coach, Emily Guy Birken discusses her book, “End Financial Stress Now: Immediate Steps You Can Take to Improve Your Financial Outlook” Emily’s book covers strategies & mindsets that you can use, to relieve your financial stress!
In This Episode
- It IS possible to stop worrying about money forever – at any income level!
- How to confidently answer the question, “can we afford it?”
- Planning is what keeps financial stress at bay.
- Going from “I need someone to help me” to “what can I do to make this better” puts you in control!
- Money is a tool; you decide how to use that tool.
- The cost of “free” and how to combat it
- Stop “putting out little fires” and start preventing the fires!
- How financial stress impacts your ability to think clearly
- Building slack into your budget
- The difference between financial problems and financial stress – and how to deal with them
- Finding financial resources, regardless of your income level
- Ways to build confidence in dealing with financial issues
- How strategizing ahead of time can help prepare you for financial emergencies
- How the “scarcity mindset” can lead to poor financial decisions
- Changing embarrassment into curiosity, when it comes to money
- Chasing the spending high
- How expressing gratitude can curb your spending
- Financial enabling & dependency – are you helping or hurting your loved one?
- Budgeting is about maintaining your relationship with money
- Ideas for achieving a stress-free financial life
- Plus, CentsAble Bobbi shares how budgeting has helped relieve her stress.
Links & Resources