Understanding debt, sidestepping the landmines that come with it and avoiding scams along the way – with CPA, Michele Cagan, Author of “Debt 101.”
In This Episode
- Good debt versus bad debt – is there a difference?
- Understanding student loan debt
- Financial aid versus student loans
- Benefits & pitfalls of debt consolidation
- Benefits & pitfalls of credit builder loans
- How building credit can help pay off debt
- Best ways to build your credit
- Secured versus unsecured debt
- Pitfalls of home equity loans
- Dangers of payday loans
- Alternatives to payday loans
- Benefits & pitfalls of using apps & online banks for early access to your money
- Using basic math to make your best financial decision
- Using a holistic financial view to deal with debt
- Debt is optional – the choice is YOURS!
- Budgeting for debt
- Financial empowerment
- Dealing with medical debt
- When is bankruptcy the right choice?
Links & Resources